Call for Papers: From Cryptology to Cyber Resilience
Editor: Dr. George Sharkov, National Cybersecurity Coordinator & ESI Center Eastern Europe
- Deadline for submission of full text papers: 10 September 2017
- Anticipated publication: 20 October 2017
This Call for Papers is coordinated with the CryptoBG*2017, International Summer School with Symposium: From Cryptology to Cyber Resilience, 9 - 16 July 2017 (Deadline for submitting final version of full-text papers to be presented at the symposium: 16 July 2017). High-quality papers not presented at the Symposium will also be cosidered for publication in this volume.
We invite cryptography and security-oriented contributions in information technologies, hardware and software implementations, Internet and cybersecurity (i.e. detection and prevention of cybercrimes and identity theft), cloud security, security of critical infrastructure systems (e.g. financial, public utilities, transportation, etc.), emergency response systems (e.g. combining space-based systems with geographical information systems), and hybrid security systems. Equally welcomed are papers based on internet of things and ICS/SCADA systems security, cyber-physical systems security, pervasive computing and body wearable health devices. Papers on security for cognitive systems, robotic and unmanned vehicle system security, personal mobile or wireless security, biometrics and forensics can also be submitted.
Papers may present advances or research reports in the theory, design, implementation, analysis, verification, or empirical evaluation and measurement of secure systems. Educational and training content, practical labs and guidelines are also appreciated. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Accountability and non-repudiation
- Attribute-Based Encryption (ABE)
- Authorization, authentication and access control
- Binary exploitation and defenses
- Biometrics and Forensics
- Cloud security and privacy
- Cyber-physical systems security
- Distributed systems security
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
- Embedded systems security
- Functional Encryption – Identity-Based Encryption (IBE)
- Homomorphic Encryption
- ICS/SCADA systems security
- IoT and personal devices security and privacy
- Lattice-Based Cryptography
- Malware and unwanted software
- Network and systems security
- Pairing-Based Cryptography
- Privacy technologies and mechanisms
- Secure Communications
- Security by design and secure architectures
- Simulation of security protocols
- Symmetric Key
- Systems-of-Systems (SoS) Security and Reliability
- Web and mobile security
Early submissions are welcome. After acceptance, each paper is assigned a DOI and published online as open access.
Interested authors may submit their papers to the I&S Managing Editor and the Editor of the Special Issue in electronic form, following these instructions and using the template available below. For inquiries, proposals and submissions of book reviews, description of Web sites and related initiatives please address the I&S Managing Editor.
Important note: It is understood that submitted articles have not been published and are not currently under review for publication elsewhere. Authors must transfer copyright in writing to the publisher when an article is accepted for publication. Please check also the publisher’s copyright policy.