Call for Papers: Education & Training for Cybersecurity and Resilience
Special issue of Information & Security: An International Journal (I&S)
This special issue was published as volume 35 of the journal.
Editors: Prof. Jüri Vain, Director, Department of Computer Science, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia, and Prof. Vyacheslav Kharchenko, Department of Computer Systems and Networks, National Aerospace University “KhAI”, Centre for Safety Infrastructure-Oriented Research and Analysis, Ukraine
Below is the text of the past call. The topic is of continuing interest, and I&S will gladly consider for publication further original contributions.
In a rapidly changing technological, organisational and threat environment, the enhancement of cyber security and resilience of organisations, communities, and nations requires in-depth knowledge, expertise in diverse fields and continuous learning.
The I&S Editorial Board, jointly with the leaders of the TEMPUS SEREIN project, announces this call to reflect on current developments in the rapidly growing field of education and training aiming to provide the capacity and expertise needed to provide cybersecurity and resilience.
We welcome original contributions that:
- examine the definition of competence requirements;
- present innovative teaching and learning methods and tools;
- describe bachelor, masters, and doctoral programmes in cybersecurity or closely related fields and analyse respective experience;
- provide detailed description of blocks or modules of particular interest;
- present training courses in cybersecurity and resilience;
- analyse the implementation of gaming in the process of education and training;
- present best practices of university-industry cooperation in cybersecurity and resilience.
Early submissions are welcome. Papers, accepted for publication, will be openly accessible before the whole volume is published.
Papers should be submitted to the I&S Managing Editor in electronic form, and be in line with the following instructions. For inquiries, proposals and submissions of book reviews, description of Web sites and related initiatives please address the I&S Managing Editor.
Important note: It is understood that submitted articles have not been published and are not currently under review for publication elsewhere. Authors must transfer copyright in writing to the publisher when an article is accepted for publication. Please check also the publisher’s copyright policy.